According to the information provided by the MENA office and the General Secretariat, 22 Members had the right to vote for the 2020 Election of the Representative at the Board.
After the first round of votes, the results were:
- 7 votes in favor of Rana Ghanem of Social Democratic Forum (Yemen)
- 7 votes in favor of Khalid Khawaldeh of Dana and Qadisiyah Local Community Cooperative (Jordan)
- 2 votes in favor of Taghreed Khalaf Abdul Razzaq Al-Nuaimi of Together to Protect Human and the Environment Association (Iraq)
Due to the result, a second round of vote was set, intending to select a Representative and an Alternate between the 2 most votes candidates, and the final result was;
- 8 votes in favor of Rana Ghanem of Social Democratic Forum (Yemen)
- 5 votes in favor of Khalid Khawaldeh of Dana and Qadisiyah Local Community Cooperative (Jordan)
According to these results, Ms. Rana Ghanem has been elected as Representative and Mr. Khalid Khawaldeh is the new Alternate at the HIC Board.
The total of 13 valid votes represents the participation of 59% of the eligible voting Members and meets the quorum requirement of 10% of the roster of voters.
This electoral process that has been supported and followed up by the Middle East/North Africa Office and by the General Secretariat and has been realized in conformity with the Electoral Committee’s process guideline.
We unanimously certify the process and result validity.
We thank HIC Members for their participation and congratulate Khalid, Rana and Taghreed!
Electoral Committee HIC MENA Elections 2020
Mr. Khalid Gindeel (Coordinator)
Ms. Maede Salimi
Mr. Taleb Brahim
Mr. Mongi Chniter