Homeless, tenants, displaced people, migrants, slum dwellers, neighbours, all of us are concerned with housing and land issues, with our right to housing, to land, to the city.
Let’s move together this first week of October 2006. Our message is:
NO to forced evictions and displacements!
NO to privatization of housing, land and utilities!
YES to everyone’s right adequate housing and land!
Individuals, local, national or international organisations or networks are called to take part of the global campaign. You can:
- Organise an event – Every event, no matter what size, has a part of play in the week of action to Enhance Housing and Land Rights Now. Why not consider organising an event yourself? Register your event
- Call a consultation meeting – Approach other organisations in your country or community at an early stage and invite them to a consultation meeting to consider the possibilities of working together during the week for housing and land rights.
- Get your members involved – In order to mobilise millions of people the call to action needs to go out far and wide. Tell your members about the week of action, and encourage them to get involved too.
- Get involved in events already organised – Organisations, movements and campaigns have already started organising events at local, national and international level.
- Endorse the call to action – During the week of action for Housing and Land Rights, movements and campaigns from across the world will join together in united action against forced evictions and against speculation of housing, land and utilities. If you plan to be involved, you could discuss the week of action at key decision-making meetings and endorse the call to action. You could encourage member organisations endorse the call to action separately. We need as many organisations as possible to officially endorse the call to action. The more organisations do this, the more it will encourage others to get involved and the more impact we are likely to have.
Tell us your plans, struggles, ideas!
Join this initiative by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org