Dear members and Friends:
The 20th session of the Governing Council of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, (UN-HABITAT) is scheduled to be held from 4 to 8 April 2005. The meeting will take place at UN-HABITAT headquarters in
· Work Programme of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT, for the biennium 2006 – 2007 and budget of the United Nations Habitat and Human Settlements Foundation for the biennium 2006-2007.
· Activities of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT: progress report of the Executive Director
· Two special themes, on:
a. Involvement of civil society in improving local governance; and
b. Post-conflict, natural and man-made disasters assessment and reconstruction.
· Implementing and monitoring the goal of the United Nations Millennium Declaration on improving the lives of slum dwellers.
· Recommendations on decentralization and the strengthening of local authorities.
· Strengthening the United Nations Habitat and Human Settlements Foundation.
For presession documents are at: http://www.unhabitat.org/governingbodies/gc20/presession.asp
Other background documents are available at: http://www.unhabitat.org/governingbodies/gc20/background_documents.asp
Housing and Land Rights Network
Habitat International Coalition