World Habitat awards, organised by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat, recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world. More than 360 outstanding World Habitat Awards projects have been recognised over the years, demonstrating substantial, lasting improvements in living conditions.
The winners of the 2022 World Habitat Awards:
- GOLD Winner: urbaSEN/Senegalese Federation of Inhabitants (SDI affiliate): Community-Led precarious neighbourhood improvement and resilience in the face of climate change, Senegal
- SILVER Winner: Sostre Civic: umbrella organisation for Right-to-use housing cooperatives in Catalonia, Spain
- BRONZE Winner: Namibia Housing Action Group/Shack Dweller Federation of Namibia (SDI affiliate): Community-driven informal settlements upgrading, Namibia
- BRONZE Winner: Municipality of Barcelona: SIPHO municipal mediation programme to prevent evictions, Spain
- BRONZE Winner: Municipality of Tlajomulco de Zúñiga (Jalisco), Renta tu casa municipal programme to rent out at a token price empty homes to very vulnerable households excluded from the market, Mexico
- BRONZE Winner: Mas Coop, ecological, affordable and non-speculative housing cooperative, France
- BRONZE Winner: ULACAV Network, Latin American University Network of Housing Departments which groups 65 university departments who work with communities and promote Social Production of Housing, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay and Uruguay.