The HLRD Campaign 2010 will focus on land issues, such as the violation of land rights, the social and spatial effects of mega events, monoculture and land grabbing, access to land for housing purposes in the countryside and in the cities, women and access to land, the right to remain on one’s land after "natural" disasters.
The target groups of the HLRD campaigns are twofold: the HIC members and the interested public through alternative media and HIC social base.
As every year, the objectives of the campaign are the following:
– Public awareness about the different causes and effects of the housing and land rights violations.
– Solidarity to the affected communities.
– Networking among the HIC members activities for the Habitat Day and/or HLRD
– Disseminating HIC position papers on specific issues.
To support the Campaign, as every year, HIC-GS will develop a blog to be linked from the different HIC websites. The blog will cover the following sections
– the updated HLRN map of housing and land rights violations
– the statements, starting with 3 documents (others can appear during the campaign): (i) the introduction of the campaign; (ii) a document related to human settlements and climate change (a first draft will be shared during August); (iii) HIC statement on the MDG +10 Review that is to be held in New York in September.
– an interactive presentation of the different activities related to Habitat Day worldwide.
We make a call to all HIC members to participate from now in the overall construction of this 2010 campaign by sending us your planned activities for World Habitat Day, sending to email@example.com the documents you wish to disseminate, and to contact us to reflect on the themes mentioned above.