Rooftops Canada – Abri International is seeking four (4) qualified candidates to participate in our 6-month Young Professionals (YP) Overseas Placement Program as part of our five-year project “Women’s Spaces: Implementing Equal Rights to Land, Housing and Livelihoods” in Angola, Kenya, South Africa, and Uganda. The Project is co-funded with Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Rooftops Canada is providing cash and in-kind contributions.
Are you between 19 and 35? Are you a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident? Have you or will you have completed a diploma or degree by December 2023 or May 2024? If yes, proceed to review the available position.
If you meet these three criteria, welcome to apply for the following placements:
- Database Administration Officer with Mazingira Institute (MI), Nairobi Kenya
- Communications Officer with Shelter and Settlements Alternatives Uganda (SSA Uganda) in Kampala, Uganda
- Gender, Land, and Housing Research officer with The Socio-Economic Rights Institute of South Africa (SERI) in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Communications Officer with Development Workshop Angola (DWA) in Huambo, Angola (Working knowledge of Portuguese language an asset)
Each YP will spend six months overseas in addition to a mandatory pre-departure and re-integration of approximately one week each (virtual or hybrid). Our planned 2024 placement period will be approximately February – July or June to November. Rooftops Canada will provide funds for the following according to Global Affairs Canada guidelines:
- A modest monthly living stipend paid to Young Professionals overseas to include accommodation, utilities, local transport, meals, and incidentals (Rooftops Canada will determine the specific amount based on considerations such as the cost of living in placement locations)
- Return travel from the place of residence in Canada to the placement city and visa costs
- Overseas health insurance and vaccination expenses
Rooftops Canada is committed to diversity in its governance and operations. Interested candidates should visit our website www.rooftops.ca or follow this link https://www.rooftops.ca/volunteer Deadline: Monday, February 12th, 2024.