Habitat International Coalition (HIC) convokes its Annual General Assembly to be held in Cairo, Egypt on May 12th and13th.
From May 10 to 12, 2009 the first regional forum on the human rights dimensions of land in MENA will be held in Cairo.
The Assembly will have two points of debate:
a. The first on May 12 to discuss the Coalition’s strategy on the right to land, in regards to the third day of the first regional forum on human rights and land rights in the Middle East, as organized by HIC’s Housing and Land Rights Network (HLRN).
b. The second on May 13 to discuss the following proposed agenda:
1. Revision of the quorum
3. Revision and approval of the agenda
4. Approval of the minutes of the previous GA meetings (Barcelona 2008 and Belem 2009)
5. Regional and thematic reports
6. General Secretariat’s report
7. Accounting and audit of six HIC structures: President AA, HLRN, HIC-AL, MENA and GS
8. Review of HIC global strategy related to:
o Land rights (see previous day)
o Housing and Land Rights Day October 2009
o Right to the City towards WUF 5
o Social Production of Habitat
o Human Settlements and Climate Change
o Mobilizations because of the global crisis
o Women and the right to housing
8. Next GA meeting
HIC General Secretariat calls on all HIC members to send us the motions you would like to present during this General Assembly and the confirmation of your presence in Cairo as soon as possible.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance with your travel arrangements (such as visas and accommodations).