The term of HIC AFRICA
According to HIC’s Constitution and Bylaw, the Members
How to be a member in good standing?
– Members make contributions to support the Coalition and, by doing
– A Membership Form has been sent attached to Members in Africa,
– In case a Member is active with grassroots presence on the ground
Who can run for the election and be Candidate?
– A man or a woman, HIC Member in good standing from the African
– All the Candidates should speak English or French
– Eligible candidates to the HIC Board shall belong to organizations which
– Candidates running for election shall be nominated by at least two
What is the elected HIC Board Members supposed to assume?
– Conducts and
– Being informed and proactive when defining HIC´s values and
– Attend and actively participate in HIC Board meetings (both online
– Attend events and campaigns of HIC allies.
– Participate and follow up decisions, commissions and Working Groups
– Provide with open letters regularly to the Members that they
– Once the annual General Assembly meeting is set, hold a consultation
– According to the consultation outcomes, participates in the General
– Represent HIC on a solidarity basis, with no retribution (this is a
– Participate to HIC Board Meetings and HIC global events with network
How long does the mandate last?
– Board representatives are
How to nominate Candidates?
– If you are an organizational
– Candidates running for any election shall be nominated by at least
How does the Nominee validate his/her nomination?
– He/she must send a personal written acceptance of his/her nomination
– He/she must send a bio with motivations for the purpose of the
Who can vote?
A list of Africa Members with right to vote (in good standing) will be
The Roster of voters will
Note: Each voter has the
How to vote?
The votes will be casted by email to the EC.
The name of one (1) of the validated candidate(s) and his/her organization
- Constitution of the EC
- Set of electoral process and
calendar by EC
- Call for nominations
of Candidates’ Documents
- Reception of contributions
register, types (a) to (d) (other than dues)
- Reception of contributions, type
- Closure of Roster of Voters
- Candidates’ Campaign
- Call to vote sent to voters by
- Electoral process –members sending
votes by e-mail to EC–
- Votes counting and verification
- Communication of the electoral results
to HIC Board Members
- Communication of the electoral
results to HIC Members
- Objections to the electoral
procedures or the results
[i] Definition of Member in HIC Constitution (Article 4.3):
those organizations/entities … that collaborate with activities developed by
HIC, and that make a contribution as determined by the Board. Member
organizations have the right to vote and to propose their Members and
collaborators for elected positions.”
[ii] Eligible candidates to the HIC Board are elected for their individual
goodwill and skills to carry out the tasks required of an HIC Board Member and
to represent the social bases of their respective region.
employee of the HIC Secretariat or of Reference Centres may be eligible to run
for or serve in a Board office. In the event that a Secretariat employee or of
a Reference Centre team seeks a Board office, s/he shall resign from her/his
Secretariat or Reference Centre post and serve no other post in such structure
during the term of the Board office in which s/he serves.
[iii] The EC members are not be eligible
to nominate or contest for any candidacy for the election that they serve.
[iv] This procedure is prepared by the GS should be considered as an
orientation marks to facilitate the EC’s task.
The EC will set, review and approve the schedule.
[v] Any unforeseen in this electoral
process (including extensions need to the calendar will be resolved by the
Electoral Committee, always in consultation with the HIC General Secretariat.