The WSF will be held during the following dates:
- 20th, Jan. 2007 – Opening Ceremony
- 21st, Jan. 2007 – First Day (self organized and co organized activities)
- 22nd, Jan. 2007 – Second Day (self organized and co organized activities)
- 23rd, Jan. 2007 – Third Day (self organized and co organized activities)
- 24th, Jan. 2007 – Forth Day (planning for actions during 2007).
- 25th, Jan. 2007 – Closing Ceremony
The first, second and third days have been divided into four periods; each period is about 3 hours long. The fourth period, which will be during the evenings, has been reserved for the co organized activities.
The “co organized” activities are those that the Organizing Committee of the WSF and the African Social Forums implement during the event. This year, these activities will be expressing the African perspective on global problems.
The fourth day is to plan common actions to be implemented during the rest of the year.
The WSF territory in Nairobi will relate to the same 09 terrains:
1. Building a world of peace, justice, ethics and respect for diverse spiritualities
2. Liberating the world from the domination of multinational and financial capital
3. Ensuring universal and sustainable access to the common goods of humanity
4. Democratizing knowledge and information
5. Ensuring dignity, defending diversity, guaranteeing gender equality and eliminating all forms of discrimination
6. Guaranteeing economic, social and cultural rights, especially the rights to food, healthcare, education, housing, employment and decent work
7. Building a world order based on sovereignty, self-determination and rights of the peoples
8. Constructing a people-centred and sustainable economy
9. Building real democratic political structures and institutions with people’s participation on decisions and control of public affairs and resources.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE WSF2007 WEBSITE